Hello guys! How are you all? Today i am going to brief you about how to upgrade an android tv box to Kodi 17.4 krypton. Are you still using the older version of Kodi 17.3 “Jarvis” on your android box? Then, guys, its time for an update as Kodi 17.4 Krypton is here. If you use an android TV box then you just have to stay tuned on this page to learn how to upgrade an android tv box to Kodi 17.4 krypton. This article will teach you everything related to your issues/queries so stay tuned on this page to understand the instruction steps by steps.
Kodi is the new name for the XBMC media center. Kodi is nothing but basically a center for media playback. The initial release of XBMC was on 29th June 2004, with the official release named as xboxmediacenter1.0.0. After the release of Xbmcmediacenter1.0.0 in mid-2004 work is being continued on XBMC. Kodi 17.4 krypton is the latest version/update of Kodi which was before named as XBMC media center. Krypton is the 2nd last update the Kodi media center. The new version is named as 17.5 krypton. But I won’t tell u about 17.5 krypton as this is not what article is all about. So coming to the point on 17.4 krypton was released on 12th August 2017 leaving the Kodi 17.3 krypton behind which was also known as Jarvis.
Before telling you how to upgrading Kodi an Android TV box to Kodi 17.4 krypton let me brief you the instruction step by step how to install Kodi 17.4 krypton on Android TV box.
Steps to install Kodi 17.4 on Android Box
- First of all the user has to turn On their Android TV Box.
- Then the user has to go and select applications option.
- Then the user has to go and select settings option.
- Then the user has to go and has to select the Security option.
- After doing all the steps given above user has to enable Unknown sources. Once the user tries to do that, you will get a pop-up alert message on the screen regarding the installation of third-party apps or unknown sources. The user has to select OK option to continue.
- Now, the user has to go back to the Android TV home screen and select Browser optionwhich comes under Apps option.
- Then on your favorite browser address bar, User has to type http://bit.ly/2vpTqd6 and hit enter
- Now, the user has to tap on Kodi-17.4-Krypton_rc1-armeabi-v7a.apk link for further
- Automatically, it will start downloading Kodi 17.4 Krypton on user Android Box TV. Then the user will see a status of his downloads on the notification bar.
- Once the downloading completes, the user will land on the installation page. Then the user has to select INSTALL button at the bottom right corner to install Kodi 17.4 instantly.
- Then the user has to, select Open button after the installation process completes.
- After the process completes Kodi 17.4 will be ready for its first run. The user has to wait until it completes the process.
- Once it gets completed, the user will land on the Kodi 17.4 home screen.
Steps to Upgrade an Android TV box to Kodi 17.4 krypton
First of all the main point is if you need to know that how to update Kodi 17.4 krypton on android tv box then you should have ES file explorer pre-installed for the following steps given below. It’s absolutely free and is available on the Google play store. All the Android TV boxes sold by some companies already come with this app pre-installed.
Steps are as follows:
1. First of all the user has to open the Browser or Chrome from the home screen or there will be an icon downward side under all apps on your android box.
- Then the user has to type in the address bar at the top of the screen: atvb.ca/kodi17
3.Then the user has to press the enter button or has to go on the keyboard (on-screen or connected through USB). If prompted to do so the user has to choose to open with ES downloader and has to click on button always.
- When the file is finished downloading user has to click on Open file and then has to install on the next two pop-up screens.
Now the user has to exit back to their respective home screen and the has to open Kodi. If the user had Kodi 16 before the following steps shown above then next time the user opens Kodi it will automatically wander add-ons to the newer format for v17 and then it will start installing all the updates after the wandering is completed. The wandering process usually takes maximum 5 to 15 minutes not more than that if your internet connection speed is good and as well as if processor power of user device is good. The user has to just leave it to do its thing itself until and unless user doesn’t see any more update notices at the bottom.
How to install/Update an Android TV Box to Kodi 17.4 Krypton
- First of all the user has to open ES File Explorer placed under all apps.
- Then the user has to click local option to display the sub-menu items given in the left menu.
- Then the user has to click on zero (0) given/placed under Local option.
- Then the user has to go the right window and click on the android option and then tap on data option.
- Then the user has to click and hold on to the folder named as org.xbmc.kodi until and unless a check box option displays.
- Then the user has to click on the rename button given at the bottom of the screen and rename it to org.xbmc.kodi.bak and click on the ok option.
7.User has to wait for the renaming process to get completed and then press back few times so that to exit Es file explores back to the home screen.
8.Now from the home screen user has to click on settings and tap on apps option.
9.Then user has to find KodiX TV in the list and click on it and then click on uninstall and confirm that user wants to uninstall the app.
- Now user has to go back to the home screen and then tap on all apps and then tap on Es file explorer/
11.Then user has to click on the zero(0) under local option.
- Then the user has to navigate to Android option in the right window and then go to data option.
13.Then the user has to click and hold on the folder named org.xbmc.kodi until and unless a checkbox appears.
14.Then the user has to click on the rename button appearing at the bottom of the screen.
15.Then user has to rename the folder to org.xbmc.kodi and click on option ok.
Now user has to go back to the home screen and then has to follow the steps given at the starting of this post to install Kodi 17 krypton.
I hope that I have fulfilled all your issues/queries regarding how to upgrade your Android TV box to 17.4 krypton which will help all the users in order to understand better about the whole process and if still the users have any query or any issue related to this article then, do comment below in the comment box and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you liked this article then do share it with your friends/colleagues.